Huffpost Entertainment

Dennis Quaid's Newborn Twins In Accidental Overdose Nightmare

Posted: Updated:

The newborn twins of Dennis Quaid and his wife, Kimberly, were reportedly given an accidental overdose of blood thinner at a hospital.

The celebrity Web site TMZ.com said the actor's children, Thomas Boone and Zoe Grace, were given vials of heparin, used to prevent clotting, that were 1,000 times stronger than what was prescribed. Citing unidentified sources, the site said the children were in Cedars-Sinai Medical Center's neonatal intensive care unit.

The hospital apologized Tuesday to the families of three patients involved, but said it could not release the names because of confidentiality laws. It said tests indicated that there were no adverse effects on the patients.