1. Clean the coils behind or underneath your refrigerator with a tapered appliance brush to keep it running efficiently.
2. Skip prerinsing dishes. Our tests have found that it¹s unnecessary, and you'll save up to 6,500 gallons of water per year.
3. Opt for the cold-water wash cycle and save about $60 a year.
4. Put your PC to sleep. Save $25 to $75 each year by using the system standby or hibernating feature on your computer.
5. Plug electronics into a power strip so that you can turn them all off at once.