* 1 (14 pound) whole turkey, neck and giblets removed
* 1/2 cup butter, cubed
* 2 apples, cored and halved
* 3 crushed garlic cloves
* 1/2 flour
* salt and pepper to taste
* 2/3 (750 milliliter) bottle champagne or sparkling apple juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
2. Rinse turkey, and pat dry. Gently loosen turkey breast skin, insert pieces of butter between the skin and breast. Place apples inside the turkey's cavity. Sprinkle with salt, and pepper. Place turkey, crushed garlic cloves and flour in a roasting bag, and pour champagne over the inside and outside of the bird. Close bag, and place turkey in a roasting pan.
3. Bake turkey 2 to 2-1/2 hours in the preheated oven, remove turkey from bag then return to oven to brown skin (approximately 45 minutes) occasionally basting and until the internal temperature is 180 degrees F (85 degrees C) when measured in the meatiest part of the thigh. Remove turkey from oven and let stand for at least 20 minutes before carving.
Get more Thanksgiving recipes from Huffington Post commenters.
Salt Lake Tribune : Turkey recipe: Seal in the flavor with a salt crust
Elise.com : Mom's Roast Turkey