We've been delighted by designer Karl Lagerfeld's Twitter feed, on which he shares his 140-character-long musings on Chanel, the French and personal style...or does he? According to Kenya Hunt at Metro News, the man behind the computer screen is an impostor, but all of the quotes were at some time uttered by Lagerfeld himself. Either way, we've collected our favorite Karl quips. Which would you like printed on a Chanel t-shirt?
1. Chanel is an institution, and you have to treat an institution like a whore - and then you get something out of her. 11:12 PM Nov 16th, 2008
2. On this day each year, I soak the previous year's calendar in my mother's favorite perfume and then set it ablaze. Here's to a fresh start 12:13 PM Jan 1st from web
3. Believe it or not, I love rap. 7:46 AM Jan 19th from web
4. Florals are for middle-aged women with weight problems. 9:15 PM Jan 26th from web
5. My dream? Transparent fur. The hair on plastic and not on leather. We've tried, but nobody has found it yet. 7:34 PM Feb 18th from web
6. I think I'm going to have a dinner party where no one speaks. I'll give all my guests pens and pads instead of the usual dinner conversation 6:47 AM Apr 24th from web
HuffPost Lifestyle is a daily newsletter that will make you happier and healthier — one email at a time. Learn more