Conservative protesters are marching on Washington D.C. today against President Obama's policies, most notably his proposed reform of America's health care system.
#912dc has been a top trending topic throughout the day. The protests are taking place on 9/12 as part of a continuing series of "Tea Party" protests and promoted by Glenn Beck's 9/12 Project.
FOX News has been streaming the protest live on their website. Among the signs seen at the protest:
- He Had A Dream, We Got A Nightmare (featuring a photo of Martin Luther King, Jr.)
- I Didn't Vote For This Obamanation
- This Is A Christian Nation
- You Lie
- January 20, 2009: The Beginning Of An Error
- Thank You Glenn Beck
- Term Limits Now
- No More Commies In The White House
- Don't Blame Me, I Voted For Sarah
- Bury Obamacare With Kennedy
- We have woken up to your evil plan to destroy our country. Take your racist un-American Acorn groups and arrogent wife back to your own country and strip their rights away.
News organizations are estimating attendance at the march to be anywhere from several thousand to two million. Several counter-protests in support of President Obama are also planned. What impact will these protests have on the White House's continuing push for health care reform?
Leave your comments below and Tweet with #912dc to give your own take on today's protests.