Want to know what's the latest Apple Tablet news? We've got you covered.
UPDATED 1/27/2010 3:17 PM ET: The Apple iPad has been officially unveiled!
* * * * *
Some Apple Tablet news has leaked in advance of today's Apple event.
UPDATE 1/27/2010 10:50 AM ET: The founder of Weblogs, Inc. and CEO of Mahalo.com Jason Calacanis posted some details about the Apple Tablet over Twitter. According to the Wall Street Journal, in spite of having a non-disclosure agreement with Apple, he offered information on the 'iTablet' and said of it, "this is the best gadget ever made."
Several new pictures allegedly of the Apple Tablet have also surfaced. See them in the slideshow below.
* * * * *
UPDATE 1/27/2010 8:40 AM ET:
Did McGraw-Hill's CEO spill Apple's secret? The CEO may have confirmed the tablet during an interview with CNBC, calling it 'terrific.'
Engadget has posted some (unconfirmed) Apple Tablet news:
On a totally separate note, we also received a tip claiming to have some specs -- we can't verify any of this either, but we're told that the device will have a 10-inch screen and look like a larger iPhone with a MacBook-like aluminum back, and that pricing will run $800 on contract with Verizon and $1000 without when it arrives in March.
We'll be live blogging the Apple announcement here.
* * * * * *
The Apple Tablet announcement is expected to come tomorrow, January 27, 2010, at 10 AM PST.
We'll be live-blogging the Apple Tablet release (if that's indeed the "latest creation" that will Apple will have on display).
In the mean time, check out our rundown of Apple Tablet news and gossip, as well as renderings of what the device might look like. (see pictures below)
- The rumored Apple Tablet announcement is set to take place in San Francisco at the Yerba Buena Center for the Arts Theater, and is scheduled for 10 AM PST.
- Apple's invitation to the event did not specify what would be announced. It merely asked reporters to see "our latest creation."
- The Apple Tablet release could come January 27, 2010 -- but when will the device hit stores? Apple Insider noted that "minor issues," such as "issues with battery life and durability" could "result in a June launch," according to analyst's report.
- Has the 'iPad' Apple Tablet ad leaked? Watch the "advertisement" for yourself and decide.
- Steve Jobs reportedly said that the Apple Tablet "will be the most important thing I've ever done."
- The Wall Street Journal reports on the possible uses of the Apple Tablet. According to "people familiar with the situation," "the company envisions that the tablet can be shared by multiple family members to read news and check email in homes," the WSJ writes
See artists' renderings of the Apple Tablet in the slideshow below!
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more