Tiger Woods' Sponsor: 'There Is Zero Damage'
Tiger Woods has lost a handful of sponsors since his post-Thanksgiving car crash led to the public outing of a series of alleged mistresses. Accenture was the first major company to drop Woods, followed in December by AT&T. Just last week, Gatorade also dumped the golfer.
The abandonment is not universal, however. Nike continues to back Woods, and new comments from Jean-Christophe Babin, CEO of Tag Heuer, suggest the watchmaker won't be leaving Tiger anytime soon.
Babin tells the Sydney Morning Herald that the company has scaled back Woods advertising "in the countries where the issue is quite sensitive," including the United States. The observation is interesting because just days after announcing in December that it would drop Woods from its U.S. campaigns, Tag Heuer prominently featured him on its web site next to the large text, "TAG HEUER stands with TIGER WOODS."
In other markets, Babin claims Woods' affairs have benefited the watchmaker. Tag Heuer has continued to feature Tiger's likeness in China:
"In China conversely you have Tag Heuer with Tiger Woods everywhere because [with] the Chinese it rather increases their esteem," he said. "In China, by tradition, your success is measured by your number of mistresses."
The CEO added that "China is a good example" of a market that has "bounced back already spectacularly." Overall, he says, "there is zero damage" -- a sharp contrast to the study concluding that Woods' scandal generated a $12 billion fallout.
Women linked to Tiger Woods
- Emma Rotherham allegedly had early-morning sex on Woods' office couch. Tiger reportedly loved to see her in black stockings and suspenders.
- Jaimee Grubbs (PHOTOS) saved a voicemail from her lover, as well as steamy text messages. Jaimee stripped down for two magazines (sexy PHOTOS).
- Jamie Jungers (PHOTOS) says she and Tiger had "wild" and "crazy" sex against a wall. She also claims to have slept with Woods the night his father died. Jungers, who allegedly once worked as a stripper, parlayed her newfound fame into jobs pitching vodka and an auction web site. She also appeared on the Today show and Dateline.
- Julie Postle (PHOTOS) allegedly met Woods when she worked as a cocktail waitress in Orlando. Tiger was reportedly "obsessed" with Postle and "really hunted" her. She was also photographed in a bikini.
- Susie Ogren says she took ecstasy with Tiger and he hoped "to get me into bed."
- Rachel Uchitel (PHOTOS) was the first of Tiger's alleged mistresses. Woods reportedly emailed her once to say that "I finally found someone I connect with." In another alleged email, Woods shared a steamy fantasy of Uchitel simultaneously having sex with Derek Jeter and Bones star David Boreanaz. A National Enquirer source called Uchitel a "celebrity whore."
- Loredana Jolie, a Playboy model, was allegedly "one of [Tiger's] favorites." She is planning a book that will spill the beans on Woods' alleged sexual encounters with men.
- Theresa Rogers has been described as a "cougar" who allegedly boasted that she taught Tiger "everything he needed to know to be a great lover." She reportedly conceived a baby while she was seeing Woods, but an article suggests she believes the father is a Serbian basketball player she was also seeing at the time. According to another article, Woods told Rogers that he only married Elin Nordegren to boost his image. The 40-something Rogers may have negotiated a payoff in exchange for her silence.
- Joslyn James is a porn star (PHOTOS, VIDEO) who has starred in films such as Porn Star Brides and MIA - Milfs In Action. She is also wanted in Washington state.
- Holly Sampson is a porn star (NSFW pictures, video) whose films include Descent Into Bondage and Diary of a Horny Housewife. She may have worked as an escort (NSFW) and appeared in a video in which she describes her "amazing" sex with Tiger Woods. In another article, she spoke about the "sensual, beautiful experience."