COLLEGE
06/08/2010 05:12 am ET | Updated May 25, 2011

Food Poisoning Shuts Down Harvard Club

A confirmed norovirus outbreak has shuttered the Harvard Faculty Club for the second time a matter of days. According to the Boston Globe, 200 people may have been affected by the virus.

The trouble began after Easter brunch last Sunday when 100 cases of the virus were reported. The club was closed last week when 100 visiting students fell ill after eating there.

Cambridge's Director of Public Nursing Louise Rice told the Globe that the club had been inspected between outbreaks and was "spotless." But the virus, which causes nausea, diarrhea and vomiting, lingered either on site or without symptoms in a staff member or visitor.

The club will be closed for one week.