Huffpost Style

Crocs Save Child's Life: Plastic Shoes Stop Electricity In Three-Year-Old Harley Sutton-Dormer's Body

Posted: Updated:

Crocs shoes have been credited with saving the life of a three-year-old boy, the Telegraph UK reports. The child, Harley Sutton-Dormer of South Ockendon, Essex, England picked up a hairdryer in the changing room at a swimming pool and was subsequently shocked.

His mother recounted, "A bright blue bolt of electricity went down his arm and shot out his side. It was awful, he was screaming in agony and shaking. The T-shirt and jumper he was wearing are charred and he's got an exit burn on his side about the size of a five pence piece. The whole thing has left him in shock."

Paramedics said the plastic Crocs stopped the electricity moving through Sutton-Dormer's legs, acting as insulators.

Around the Web

Boy saved by Croc shoes after electric shock - Telegraph

Harley Sutton-Dormer - Crocs Save Life | Styleite

Crocs Save Little Boy's Life