Visual Economics has added some color and snazz to surprising Internet usage statistics from Nielsen and the Pew Research Center.
A few highlights from the data presented in the infographic:
- 55% of Americans use the Internet every day. Of those, 45% send or read email and 40% use search engines, but only 15% use social networks and only 5% play online games.
- Americans spends60 hours a month online. If you were to put those hours back-to-back, you'd be surfing the web for a whole month.
- While about 70% of American Internet users participate in social networking, nearly 90% of Brazil's Internet population is a part of this trend. Around the world, Internet users now spend 22% of their time online engaging in social networking.
- Social media aside, the world spends 36% of its web time using email, engaging in commerce, performing searches. 42% of time is spent viewing content.
- In a singe month, a web user visits 2,646 sites and logs on 57 times.
(via Visual Economics)
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more