Huffpost Green

Mark And Linda Wilfong: West Virginia Couple's Tap Water Lights On Fire, House Smells Like Natural Gas Ever Since Well Drilled (VIDEO)

Posted: Updated:

In this video from CNN, WDTV visits a West Virginia couple who have been experiencing some disastrous problems with their running water.

Ever since Mark and Linda Wilfong drilled their new water well, they've had nothing but trouble. Their tap water now lights on fire and their house reeks of natural gas.

"I've gone to the doctor with ear aches. I mean, the fumes are so bad," Mark Wilfong tells WDTV.

The couple has to use bottled water to cook or shower with, and the Wilfongs say they have made countless calls to address the issue but with no results.

"You would think there would be state or government agencies out there to regulate this stuff. But, nobody is stepping up to do anything. They're putting responsibility back on us and it's not our fault," says Wilfong.

WATCH:

Around the Web

Tap water catches on fire

Frack you, frack me

'Fracking' yields fuel, fear in Northeast

EPA Results Show Contaminated Water in Wyoming Fracking Zone

EPA sets new date and place for fracking meeting

EPA fracking hearings back on in Binghamton

From Our Partners