Over the past year, Google's Project 10 to the 100 contest has reviewed 150,000 proposals to change the world from more than 170 countries.
The Project announced five winners Friday, who will split $10 million dollars to make the world a better place by attempting to solve five crucial world problems:
- Make educational content available online for free
- Enhance science and engineering education
- Make government more transparent
- Drive innovation in public transport
- Provide quality education to African students
To learn more about how each winner plans to tackle the world's toughest dilemmas, visit Project10tothe100.com.
More:Google African Institute For Mathematical Sciences Khan Academy Public.resource.org Project 10 To The 100
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more