Dragan Crnogorac ARRESTED; Srebrenica Genocide Suspect Detained In Banja Luka

11/15/2010 10:08 am ET | Updated May 25, 2011

Dragan Crnogorac, a man accused of taking part in the worst mass killing in Europe since the Holocaust, has been arrested by Bosnian police, says the Canadian Press.

Crnogorac, 38, was reportedly arrested in the northwestern town of Banja Luka in Bosnia and Herzegovina. In a statement, the police reported, ""It is suspected Crnogorac, as a member of the Jahorina police training centre, which operated within the Bosnian Serb Republic interior ministry, personally took part in the executions of Bosniak (Bosnian Muslim) men and boys who had been detained in Srebrenica," says Reuters.

In 1995, Bosnian Serb forces killed about 8,000 Bosnian Muslim men and boys. The Srebenica massacre is also one of the indictments against Ratko Mladic, the fugitive Bosnian Serb Army Chief who, it was reported today by the Canadian Press, may be hiding outside of Serbia. The United Nations war crimes tribunal for the former Yugoslavia has sentenced 14 other Bosnian Serbs for the massacre.