Text by Eva Goicochea at Your Daily Thread
The New Year seems to bring out the resolutions in us--we mull over how we're going to make up for holiday sweets and carry over our generous spirit into the coming months. So what if you can be a charitable citizen and healthy epicurean at the same time? Turns out you can at these four CA eateries.
Looking for inspiring, out-of-the box restaurants somewhere else? Check out these unique places across the country:
- Off the Waffle - Barter services and products for waffles in Eugene, Oregon.
- Same Café - Donate time or money for your meal and feed others in Denver, CO.
- One World - Pay what you can or volunteer for a homegrown meal in Spokane, WA.
- A Better World Café - Volunteer or pay what you can in exchange for sustainable fare in Highland Park, NJ.
- The Comfort Café - Volunteer-run restaurant with a flexible portion/flexible price model in Denver, CO.
- Rogue - Pay more than the menu price and the rest goes to charity in this "kitchen & wetbar" in Vancouver, BC.
- peaceNcarrots - Wholesome food at a pay what you can price in Boulder, CO.