Diane Von Furstenberg Apologizes To CFDA For Using Underage Model
Seems like Diane Von Furstenberg just can't catch a break. She's still suffering from her ski accident, she wo-manned up and said she owes the first lady an apology letter for commenting on her State Dinner dress...and now the designer and CFDA president is "embarrassed" again, after casting a 15-year-old model in her runway show last week, Women's Wear Daily reports.
You see, the CFDA has strict guidelines about only using girls over the age of 16, but somehow, Hailey Clauson walked the walk at DVF's show. DVF sent out an email to all CFDA members, reading:
"It is to my horror, that I discovered last Friday that in spite of me repeating that to my production and casting people, one girl slipped through the cracks. One girl who will be 16 in March walked my show last week!"
March is just a few weeks away...but we understand the concern. Clauson recently told The Cut she still sleeps with her baby blanket. Jeez. But we also did notice her at quite a few shows. Ahem, Oscar de la Renta. Ahem, DKNY.
"I was horrified and terribly embarrassed. From now on I will instruct my casting people to demand IDs. I encourage you to do the same. I am trying to be a good leader and set an example...so please please accept my apology."