04/28/2011 06:53 pm ET | Updated Jun 28, 2011

W.Va. Woman Wanted In Husband's Slaying, Daughter's Kidnapping, Captured In Tenn.

Crystal Seigler Clark, the West Virginia woman suspected in the fatal shooting of her husband and the abduction of their young child, has been captured in Tennessee, police said Thursday.

"She called a relative and told them where she was at," Chief Deputy James Smith of the Mingo County, W.Va., Sheriff's Department told The Huffington Post. "The relative then contacted us and we contacted the U.S. Marshals Service and they picked her up."

A U.S. Marshals Service spokesman said task force members apprehended Clark without incident Thursday at a hotel in Jackson, Tenn. Clark's 13-month-old daughter, Chloe, was found unharmed inside the hotel with her mother.

Investigators had been searching for Clark since Tuesday afternoon, when the body of her husband, David Matthew Clark, was found inside their home in the Spice Branch area of Mingo County, about 80 miles southwest of Charleston. An examination of David Clark’s body revealed he had been shot twice, but police wouldn't comment on the location of the wounds or the caliber of the weapon used to shoot him.

Neither Crystal Clark, 32, nor Chloe were inside the home. During the course of the investigation, police issued an amber alert for Chloe and obtained a felony warrant, charging her mother with murder.

During a previous interview with The Huffington Post, Smith said the murder charge was a result of the "investigation and evidence we've got," but declined to elaborate.

The hotel where Clark and her daughter were found is about 90 miles northeast of Memphis and more than 500 miles from Spice Branch. Authorities are not yet commenting on whether Clark, who was previously considered "armed and dangerous" by police, was in possession of the weapon that killed her husband.

Clark was remanded to the Madison County, Tenn., sheriff's office. Her extradition hearing is expected to take place "in the next day or two," Smith said. Chloe was turned over to Tennessee Child Protective Services.

"The child is fine and we're very happy with the outcome," Smith said.