In an interview with Bloomberg News, Donald Trump signaled he's come to a decision on whether he plans to launch a campaign for the White House in 2012.
“In my mind, I have already decided," Trump said on Monday, suggesting he's prepared to jump into the race. “I am going to announce. But I can’t do anything until the show ends.”
While in New Hampshire last week, the billionaire made similar remarks to local ABC News affiliate WMUR.
HuffPost's Dan Froomkin recently reported on the possibility Trump could announce his decision on the program:
There's nothing in federal campaign or communication law stopping him from using his position on the show to serve his presidential ambitions. But if and when Trump becomes a legally qualified candidate -- with his name actually set to appear on ballots -- any non-news related television appearance would entitle his opponents to free "equal time."
Well before that happens, NBC -- which airs the program -- would almost certainly pull any show featuring Trump from its lineup, said Andrew J. Schwartzman, senior vice president of the Media Access Project, a public interest law firm specializing in media policy issues.
Rebecca Marks, a spokeswoman for NBC's entertainment division, was asked by Bloomberg News about the future of Trump's program in light of his presidential ambitions. "Nothing’s changed,” she said, declining to provide more details on the matter.
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more