CHICAGO
05/21/2011 12:28 pm ET Updated Jul 21, 2011

Indian Mound In Schaumburg: Office Buildings, Apartments Left It Undisturbed

In 1919, a researcher for the Chicago Historical Society named Albert Scharf recorded the existence of an American Indian mound among the prairie land and farms northwest of the city, an area then best known as Palatine Township.

In 2011, Rolling Meadows resident Tom Hahn has virtually rediscovered the mound -- almost miraculously undisturbed amid office buildings, apartment complexes and restaurants along bustling Algonquin Road in Schaumburg.

Read more on Daily Herald