ORLANDO, Fla. — A newspaper is asking a Florida judge to make public most of the sealed documents from the trial of Casey Anthony, who left jail last month after being acquitted of a murder charge in the death of her 2-year-old daughter.
The Orlando Sentinel filed a request Tuesday for all sealed documents except the jurors' list. It said documents sought include a list of how defense attorneys spent about $200,000 before Anthony was declared indigent and taxpayers then footed her legal bills.
Anthony disappeared from public view after a jury acquitted her in the death of her daughter Caylee.
But she may have to return to Orlando later this week after a judge said Anthony, now that she has been released, must serve a year of probation involving check fraud charges in an unrelated case.
Casey's atttorneys filed a motion Thursday afternoon seeking to stop efforts to compel her return to Orlando. Her lawyers stated in the motion, filed in an Orange County court, that the judge cannot amend an order more than 60 days after the original order was signed.