Discovery Education Marks 9/11 Anniversary With Spielberg Documentary, Panel Discussion
To commemorate the 10th anniversary of 9/11, Discovery Education is hosting a panel discussion and screening of Discovery Channel's documentary series "Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero." The event will take place at the NYC iSchool and an exclusive livestream of the event is available to viewers on HuffPost Education.
Tune in here today from 12:45 p.m. to 2:15 p.m. to watch the launch of a two-week Discovery event based on the documentary from executive producer Steven Spielberg that showcases those who worked to restore Ground Zero by creating the new 104-story One World Trade Center.
As of Wednesday evening, more than 640 classrooms comprising approximately 19,200 students across the country have registered to virtually follow the event. The discussion following the screening will focus on how individuals were affected by 9/11 -- on the day and through the years following.
Panelists and participants include:
- Paula Zahn, host of Investigation Discovery's "On The Case With Paula Zahn."
- Ada Dolch, former principal of the High School for Leadership and Public Service.
- Sophia Tzemis, a New York resident whose sister was in the North Tower on 9/11.
- Bill Spade, former firefighter and only 9/11 survivor from his unit, Rescue 5.
- Father Ray Nobiletti, minister to the fallen and wounded on 9/11.
- Lee Ielpi, founder of the September 11th Families' Association and co-founder of the Tribute WTC Visitor Center. Ielpi lost his son on 9/11.
UPDATE: This Sunday, which marks the 10th anniversary of the 9/11 attacks, Science will air an all-day marathon of "Rising: Rebuilding Ground Zero." The network will air the entire six-episode series beginning at 11:00 a.m. EST.