Game Changers Win a Trip Sweepstakes
No Purchase Required to Enter or Win
- Eligibility: The Game Changers Win a Trip Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the 50 United States (including the District of Columbia) and Canada (excluding Quebec) who are 18 years of age or older. Employees of AOL Inc., its advertising or promotion agencies, those involved in the production, development, implementation or handling of Sweepstakes, any agents acting for, or on behalf of the above entities, their respective parent companies, officers, directors, subsidiaries, affiliates, licensees, service providers, prize suppliers any other person or entity associated with the Sweepstakes (collectively “Sweepstakes Entities”) and/or the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members (whether related or not) of each such employee, are not eligible. All U.S., federal, state and local and Canadian federal, provincial, and municipal laws and regulations apply. Void in Quebec, Puerto Rico and where prohibited by law.
- Sponsor: The Sweepstakes is sponsored by AOL Inc., 770 Broadway, New York, NY 10003 (“Sponsor”).
- Agreement to Official Rules: Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to and acceptance of these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, which are final and binding. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Entry Period: The Sweepstakes will begin on September 21, 2011 and end at 11:59 pm ET on October 10, 2011 (the “Entry Period”). Entries received prior to or after the Entry Period will not be accepted.
- Entry: To enter the Sweepstakes, CLICK HERE and follow the directions to upload a photo of and a brief 1-3 sentence description of the “Game Changer” in your life (the “Submission”). Limit one (1) Submission per person. The use of any agencies or automated software to submit entries will void all entries submitted by that person. See Section 11 for additional information regarding Submissions.
- Winner Selection: At the conclusion of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor will select the name of one (1) potential winner in a random drawing of all eligible entries received during the Entry Period. The odds of being selected as a potential winner depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Entry Period. Potential winner will be contacted via email and will be asked to provide their full name and mailing address within a specified time period. If potential winner does not respond within the timeframe stated in the notification email, the Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner in his/her place at random from all entries received during the Entry Period.
- Requirements of the Potential Winner: Except where prohibited, a potential winner and their nominee will be required to complete and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release (the “Affidavit/Release”) and an IRS W-9 form within a timeframe to be determined by Sponsor. If a potential winner and/or nominee fails to sign and return the Affidavit/Release within the required time period, or if the notification is returned as undeliverable, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize may be awarded to a potential alternate winner. Acceptance of a prize constitutes consent to use winner’s and nominee’s names and likenesses for editorial, advertising and publicity purposes without additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. In the event the potential winner of any prize is a Canadian resident, he/she will be required to correctly answer a time-limited mathematical question to be administered by email/mail to receive the prize.
- Prize: One (1) Grand Prize Winner and their Game Changer Nominee will receive a trip to New York City to attend the Game Changers event. The prize includes round-trip (coach) air transportation from a major airport nearest the winner’s home to New York City; hotel accommodations for three (3) days/two (2) nights; admittance to the Game Changers event; and ground transportation between airport, hotel and event. Approximate Retail Value of each prize is1,000. Dates of trip are scheduled for October 17-18, 2011 and are subject to change without notice. Winner and their nominee guest must be able to travel on dates selected by Sponsor. If the winner and their nominee cannot travel on the dates/times specified by Sponsor, the prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Specifics of all aspects of the prize are in Sponsor’s sole discretion. The actual value may vary based upon point of departure and dates of travel and winner/nominee will not receive any difference in value. If winner or nominee reside within a 100-mile radius of New York City, ground transportation may be provided in lieu of air transportation and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Winner and nominee are responsible for obtaining all required travel documents. Any minors must be accompanied by their parent or legal guardian. All costs and expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of the winner and nominee, including, but not limited to, meals and beverages, ground transportation not specified above, taxes and gratuities. The winner and nominee are responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) that they may wish to obtain (at their own expense) and hereby acknowledge that the Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. No cash or other substitution may be made, except by the Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of equal or greater value if the prize is not available for any reason as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion. The winner and nominee are responsible for any taxes and fees associated with receipt or use of a prize. Prize is not transferable.
- General Conditions: In the event that the operation, security, or administration of the Sweepstakes is impaired in any way for any reason, including, but not limited to fraud, virus, or other technical problem, the Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, either: (a) suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. The Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, the Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. The Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. In case of a dispute as to the owner of an entry, entry will be deemed to have been submitted by the authorized account holder of the screen name from which the entry is made. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
- Release and Limitations of Liability: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use of any prize, including, but not limited to: (a) unauthorized human intervention in the Sweepstakes; (b) technical errors related to computers, servers, providers, or telephone or network lines; (c) printing errors; (d) lost, late, postage-due, misdirected, or undeliverable mail; (e) errors in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (f) injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt of any prize. Entrant further agrees that in any cause of action, the Sweepstakes Entities’ liability will be limited to the cost of entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, and in no event shall the Sweepstakes Entities be liable for attorney’s fees. Entrant waives the right to claim any damages whatsoever, including, but not limited to, punitive, consequential, direct, or indirect damages.
- License to Use Submissions: Sponsor reserves the right to edit, adapt, copyright, publish and use any or all of the entries in any manner Sponsor sees fit, including publishing on the Internet, without additional compensation. Any entrant that submits material, that in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is deemed unsuitable for public presentation (contains defamation, inappropriate language, etc.), or which violates any applicable provision of the U.S. Copyright Code or is otherwise inconsistent with the theme or image of this Sweepstakes may be disqualified. If entry does not comply with these Official Rules in any respect, such entry will be automatically disqualified. Sponsor shall have the right to disqualify any entries that they deem to be obscene, vulgar, sexually explicit, lewd, derogatory, inappropriate, or otherwise not in good taste, as determined by the Sponsor in its discretion. Your Submission is not confidential or proprietary. By participating in this Sweepstakes, you grant, assign, convey, and transfer all rights, title, and ownership, including without limitation all copyright and any other intellectual property and moral rights in the Submission to Sponsor and Sweepstakes Entities. By submitting an Entry you hereby grant and license the Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, assigns, licensees, and legal representatives the irrevocable, perpetual, worldwide royalty-free right and license to use, reproduce, edit, market, store, distribute, have distributed, publicly and privately display, communicate, publicly and privately perform, transmit, have transmitted, create derivative works based upon, and promote the Entry (as such may be edited and modified by the Sponsor in its discretion) in connection with the Sweepstakes and such other products or services as the Sponsor may designate in any medium now known or hereafter devised for editorial, commercial, promotional and all other purposes including posting on any websites. In the event Sponsor receives any third party intellectual property complaint regarding your Submission including but not limited to a complaint pertaining to copyright or right of privacy, Sponsor has the sole right and authority to delete your Submission and/or to disqualify you from the Sweepstakes. You hereby grant to the Sponsor and their designees the right to use any edited Submission, or parts of a Submission, without your approval and waive any right to inspect or approve uses of the Submission prior to or following publication and any right to compensation for the Submission. All elements of your Submission must be your original work and must be owned by you, and you must have the right to grant any and all necessary rights and licenses, including without limitation, all necessary copyright and other related rights to all of the materials, free and clear of all claims and encumbrances without violating the rights of any person or entity, including any right to privacy or publicity. Your Submission should not include the likeness of a third party, unless permission of said third party has been given, or contain elements not owned by you (including but not limited to trademarks or logos). By submitting your Submission, you agree to release and hold harmless the Sweepstakes Entities and their officers, directors, employees, and agents from and against any claim or cause of action arising out of your Submission or your participation in any phase of this Sweepstakes.
- Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, the Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate court located in the Commonwealth of Virginia. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Virginia or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Virginia.
- Sweepstakes Results: To request the name of the winner, send a self-addressed stamped envelope to Game Changers Winner, c/o Huffington Post, 770 Broadway, Rm 5A:C210, New York, NY 10003. Requests must be received by October 31, 2011.