Former Libyan dictator Colonel Muammar Gaddafi's body has been taken off display in Misrata ahead of an expected secret burial on Tuesday.
Gaddafi's decomposing remains had been on show in a cold room in the town, along with those of his son Mutassim and a former army chief.
Thousands of Libyans, including the prime minister Mahmoud Jibril, had queued to see the body until officials from the National Transitional Council (NTC) ordered it removed.
An official from the NTC said the bodies had now been taken away ahead of a "simple burial" with Muslim clerics present in a secret location on Tuesday.
There were also reports on Monday that another of Gaddafi's sons, Saif al-Islam, had made an attempt to escape the country via the dessert borders with Algeria and Niger.
Officials said that he was carrying a forged Libyan passport.
Earlier on Monday human rights activists called for an investigation into apparent executions by anti-Gaddafi fighters in Sirte.
The apparent executions were found days after the death of former dictator Colonel Muammar Gaddafi, some elements of which are yet to be explained by the NTC.
Even as the NTC bowed to international calls for an investigation into Gaddafi's death, the group pointed to the remains of 95 people who were killed alongside him, some of whom by apparent 'execution-style gunshots', which have not yet been explained.
They also reiterated calls for an investigation to the killing of the former rebel military General Abdel Fattah Younes, who had defected to the anti-Gaddafi forces but who was shot by his aides on 28 July after NTC officials issued a warrant for his arrest.
"This latest massacre seems part of a trend of killings, looting, and other abuses committed by armed anti-Gaddafi fighters who consider themselves above the law," Bouckaert said. "It is imperative that the transitional authorities take action to rein in these groups."