"You said that people will be able to take what you tell them, but what if you know that they will fall apart if you do?" This was the question a member of the audience posed to Oprah and her longtime friend, relationship expert Iyanla Vanzant, last Friday evening after the live weekly edition of Oprah's Lifeclass on OWN TV.
Long after Friday's show ended, the conversation kept going and the cameras kept rolling, capturing the exclusive footage above. Oprah and Iyanla shared their insight into how to have the difficult conversations we all need to have in life, with confidence and without regret.
Later, Oprah and Iyanla tackled the equally difficult question of how to honor your own emotions when you feel pressure to be the morale booster.
For more life solutions and inspiration from Oprah, tune in to Oprah's Lifeclass weeknights at 8/7c. This week's topics include:
- Today: When People Show You Who They Are, Believe Them
- Thursday 10/27: What Animals Can Teach Us
- Friday 10/28: Joy Rising: Australia
While you're watching any Lifeclass, don't forget to check in at the Oprah's Lifeclass website to join the conversation.
More from Oprah.com:
- How are your beliefs shaping your life?
- What Oprah knows for sure about taking responsibility for your life
- Tune in to the live webcast with Oprah on Friday night!
SUBSCRIBE AND FOLLOW
Get top stories and blog posts emailed to me each day. Newsletters may offer personalized content or advertisements.Learn more