Affogato with Amaretto and Amaretti Cookies
Provided by: Gail Simmons
- 1 pint premium vanilla ice cream
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 4 tablespoons Disaronno Amaretto liqueur
- 6 amaretti (Italian almond macaroons; if paper-wrapped, use 3 packets), roughly crumbled (1/3 cup)
- Semisweet chocolate for shaving
- Chill 4 serving bowls in freezer for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, remove ice cream from freezer to let soften slightly.
- In a glass measuring cup, mix together the boiling water and espresso powder, stirring until powder is dissolved. Diving among each serving bowl.
- Scoop 1/2 cup ice cream into each serving bowl. Drizzle 1 tablespoon Amaretto over each bowl of ice cream, then sprinkle with cookies. Using a vegetable peeler, shave chocolate over desserts. Serve immediately.