Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 386 calories/serving
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) cold butter or margarine (not spread), cut in small pieces
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 31/2 pounds Granny Smith apples (6 to 7 large), peeled, cored and cut in 1/2-inch-thick wedges (10 cups)
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Heat oven to 400°F. Have a 13- x 9-inch baking dish ready.
- Put Topping ingredients in a medium-size bowl. Rub together with your fingers or stir with a fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Put Filling ingredients in baking dish and stir to mix well. Spread evenly, then sprinkle with Topping.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes until fruit is tender and topping is crisp and lightly browned.