Avocados with Warm Bacon Parsley Vinaigrette
Provided by: Sunset
total prep 270 calories/serving
Crunchy bacon brings out the smokiness of a good Hass avocado, and the sharp vinaigrette helps cut its richness.
- 1/3 pound bacon, sliced thinly
- 2 firm-ripe avocados, pitted, peeled, and each cut into 4 to 6 wedges
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook bacon in a large frying pan over medium-low heat until crisp. Drain on paper towels; let cool. Remove pan from heat and discard all but 2 tablespoons of bacon fat.
- Heat reserved bacon fat over medium heat. Add garlic, 1⁄4 cup water (carefully, because it will sputter a little), the lemon juice, and sugar and simmer 1 minute, stirring. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in parsley and crumble in bacon. Immediately pour over avocado wedges and serve.