Baby-Back Ribs with Texas Blackjack Sauce and Peach Coleslaw
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 880 calories/serving
- 3 lb baby-back ribs, cut into 4 sections
- 1 bottle (8 oz) barbecue sauce (1 1/2 cups; we used Cattleman’s Classic)
- 3 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp instant coffee
- 2 Tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- PEACH COLESLAW
- 1/4 cup slaw dressing
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 cups coleslaw mix
- mediu peaches, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red pepper
- Good with: grilled corn on the cob
- Put ribs in large pot with just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, reduce heat, cover and simmer 45 minutes, or until meat is fork-tender.
- Meanwhile, mix barbecue sauce, sugar, coffee and Worcestershire sauce in a small saucepan. Heat over medium heat, stirring until sugar and coffee dissolve. Remove from heat.
- Coleslaw: Stir dressing and mustard in a large bowl; add coleslaw mix, peaches and red pepper; toss to mix. Refrigerate until serving.
- Coat outdoor grill rack with nonstick spray. Heat grill. Place ribs, rounded side down, on rack. Brush with sauce; grill 3 minutes. Turn ribs; brush with sauce; grill 6 minutes more. Turn ribs again; brush with sauce; grill another 3 minutes.
- Serve with rest of sauce and coleslaw.
- Can be prepared through Step 2 one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate.