Baby Spinach Soup Topped with Chunky Green Olives and Oregano
Provided by: TASTE
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 6 spring onions, chopped
- 1 3/4 cups baby spinach
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 tablespoons cream
- 1 cup green olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoons oregano
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- small wedge aged cheddar cheese, for serving
- In a frying pan, heat the butter and sauté the garlic until soft and fragrant. Add the spring onion and spinach and cook until the latter is wilted but still vibrant green in color. Add the chicken stock and bring to a gentle simmer, then remove from the heat.
- Using a hand blender, purée the spinach mixture until smooth. Pour it into a saucepan, add the cream and gently heat until warmed through. In a separate bowl, combine the olive, oregano and olive oil and season to taste. Serve the soup warm, topped with a spoonful of chunky oregano olives and a grating of cheese. Season to taste.