Baked Marinated Lamb Chops
Provided by: TASTE
Full of flavor with a robust marinade, this recipe provides a blissfully easy way of dealing with chops.
- 8 12 lean lamb-rib chops
- bay leaves, fresh if possible
- potato wedges, roasted, for serving
- mixed green salad, for serving
- For the marinade, mix together the following:
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed chilies
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 450 F.
- Trim any excess fat from the chops, then arrange in a single row in a baking dish and pour over the marinade. Tuck a bay leaf under each chop and bake for 10 minutes, or until nicely browned and tender. Serve with potatoes and salad.
- Cook's note: A scattering of rosemary adds nice flavor to this dish and chicken pieces are a good substitute for lamb -- just increase your baking time to about half an hour.
- Leftovers? Cook leftover chops with rice, crushed tomatoes, cut corn and stock for a meal-in-one pot.