Balsamic Mushroom Chicken
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 311 calories/serving
- Mix flour and salt in a plastic food bag. Add chicken and shake to coat.
- Heat 2 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and cook, turning once, 5 minutes or until golden and meat is opaque at center. Remove to serving plate.
- Heat remaining oil in skillet over medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to a bowl.
- Put broth, vinegar and thyme in skillet. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 4 minutes to thicken slightly. Add mushrooms.
- Return chicken and any juices to skillet. Spoon mushrooms with sauce over chicken; sprinkle with cheese. Cover; cook 1 minute to melt cheese.
- Note: To make breasts uniformly thick for even cooking, place them smooth side down and pull off the tenderloin strip (also called tender) on top. Freeze strips for future dinners.