Barbecue Pulled Pork
Provided by: dLife®
Visit dLife.com for more diabetes recipes
- 1 lb boneless pork tenderloin
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce (sugar-free to lower carbs)
- 1/4 cup catsup sugar-free to lower carbs)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- While the oven is heating at 350 degrees, put the pork tenderloin in a hot, nonstick skillet. Take the pork off the heat and season with the red pepper flakes and pepper.
- Bake the tenderloin for 25 minutes. Be sure to cover tenderloin with foil.
- Sauté the onions and garlic in the oil for approximately 5 minutes (or until golden).
- Add the barbecue sauce, catsup, water and vinegar together and simmer for 10 minutes. Shred with pork with two forks and add to the sauce.