Barilla® Lasagna with Asparagus and Mushroom Sauce
Provided by: Barilla
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 4 cups milk
- 12 Barilla Oven Ready Lasagna noodles
- 1½ pounds medium asparagus spears
- 12 ounces fontina cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups Barilla Mushroom & Garlic Sauce
- 1. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, salt and nutmeg; stir one minute. Gradually stir in milk. Cook until sauce thickens and bubbles, stirring constantly. Continue cooking one more minute; set aside.
- 2. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- 3. Trim about one inch from bottoms of asparagus spears; discard. Cook asparagus 6 minutes or until tender. Cool slightly; cut additional inch off bottoms of spears. Place cut pieces and oil in blender or food processor; puree until creamy. Stir asparagus puree into white sauce.
- 4. To Assemble: Spread 1 cup asparagus sauce in 13x9-inch baking dish; top with 4 lasagna noodles and another cup of asparagus sauce. Top with ½ of asparagus spears, 1/3 of both cheeses, 1 cup BARILLA Mushroom & Garlic Sauce, and 4 lasagna noodles. Layer with 1 cup asparagus sauce and remaining asparagus spears; 1/3 of both cheeses; remaining 4 lasagna noodles, remaining Mushroom & Garlic Sauce, remaining asparagus sauce and remaining cheeses.
- 5. Cover with foil; bake 45 minutes.
- 6. Remove from oven; let stand 15 minutes before cutting.
- Substitute Swiss cheese for Fontina cheese.