Beef, Asparagus & Portobello Stir-Fry
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
This quick and delicious stir-fry features colorful peppers, asparagus and mushrooms together with tender beef in a mouthwatering sauce.
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 3/4 cup Swanson® Beef Broth
- Swanson® Beef Stock
- 2 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 boneless beef sirloin steak , 3/4-inch thick (about 1 pound), cut into very thin strips
- 1 pound asparagus , cut into 2-inch diagonal pieces (about 4 cups)
- 2 large portobello mushroom , sliced
- 1/2 cup roasted red pepper strips
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice , cooked according to package directions without salt
- Stir the cornstarch, black pepper, broth, soy sauce, brown sugar and garlic powder in a medium bowl until the mixture is smooth.
- Cook the beef in a 10-inch nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until it's browned, stirring often. Pour off any fat.
- Add the asparagus, mushrooms and pepper to the skillet. Reduce the heat to medium. Stir the cornstarch mixture in the skillet. Cook and stir until the mixture boils and thickens. Serve the beef mixture over the rice.
- Helper: For easier slicing, freeze the beef for 1 hour before slicing.