Broccoli and Gorgonzola Polenta
Provided by: TASTE
- 2/3 cup Gorgonzola, for serving
- Italian flat-leaf parsley, torn for serving
- For the broccoli:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- For the polenta:
- 4 cups whole milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup polenta
- To make the broccoli: In a saucepan, heat the olive oil. Stir in the garlic and broccoli and season to taste. Pour in the stock and cook very gently for 10 to 15 minutes, or until the broccoli is tender.
- To make the polenta: In a large, deep saucepan, bring the milk to a boil. Add the salt and polenta, reduce the heat and whisk until thickened this shouldn’t take more than a few minutes but take care as the polenta can burn. The polenta should be soft and creamy so add more milk or stock to loosen it if necessary.
- To serve: Ladle the hot polenta into bowls or onto a platter. Top with the broccoli, chunks of Gorgonzola and a scattering of parsley.
- Leftovers? Turn extra polenta into a greased baking dish, cover with tomato sauce and grated Parmesan and bake until golden.