Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 457 calories/serving
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 4 crusty hamburger rolls, split in half
- 1 bunch (4 ounces) scallions, trimmed
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly cracked black peppercorns
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 8 slices ripe tomato
- 1/2 cup crumbled goat cheese (chèvre) or feta cheese
- Heat grill or broiler.
- Mix olive oil and garlic in a cup. Brush over cut sides of rolls. Grill cut-side down or broil cut-side up until toasted, about 30 seconds. Remove rolls to a serving platter.
- Grill or broil scallions 2 minutes per side or until lightly charred. Cut each in half crosswise.
- Mix salt, thyme and cracked peppercorns in another cup. Shape beef in four 1/2-inch-thick patties. Sprinkle both sides with thyme mixture. Grill or broil 21/2 to 3 minutes per side for medium doneness.
- Meanwhile put 2 slices tomato and half the scallion pieces on bottom half of each roll. Top with a burger, cheese and remaining scallion pieces. Cover with roll tops.
- The ultimate summer burger served on grilled Italian-style garlic bread.