Cabbage and Radicchio Stir-Fry
Provided by: dLife®
Visit dLife.com for more diabetes recipes
- 1 head (about 1 1/4 pounds) napa cabbage
- 1 head (about 10 ounces) radicchio or red cabbage
- 1 teaspoon salad oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 2 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 tablespoon Asian (toasted) sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed (if desired)
- Cut cabbage, trim out and throw away core. Slice the cabbage into thin shreds to make about 2 quarts. Do the same to radicchio making about 1 quart.
- Heat salad oil in a wok or medium saucepan over high heat. Mix in garlic, ginger, and fennel seed. Heat for 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Stir in cabbage, radicchio, and soy sauce. Place lid over pan and cook for 1 minute. Take lid off and stir-fry for 2 minutes, cabbage and radicchio should be wilted. Add half the cilantro and all of the sesame oil. Stir to combine.
- Spoon into serving bowl and season with remaining cilantro and sesame seed, if using.