Caribbean Peach Slaw Salad with Crispy Tofu
Provided by: TASTE
- 1/4 cabbage, finely sliced or shredded
- 1 small red onion, finely sliced or shredded
- 4 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 ripe peaches, sliced into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons garam masala
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise, preferably French
- Olive oil, to shallow fry
- 7 ounces tofu, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 2 tablespoons curry leaves
- Mix the vegetables and peaches together.
- Add the curry powder, salt and enough mayonnaise to bind the ingredients together lightly. Mix well and season to taste.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan. Roll cubes of tofu in black pepper and fry until lightly golden and crisp. Add curry leaves and fry for a few minutes until crisp. Serve with the salad.