Provided by: Curtis Stone
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 shallots, chopped rough
- 1 garlic clove, chopped rough
- 1 head cauliflower, large stem removed, florets cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup heavy cream
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
- Heat a large saucepot over medium high heat.
- Add the olive oil and sweat the shallots for 1 minute, stirring often.
- Add the garlic and the cauliflower to the pot and cook for 2 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the white wine and simmer to reduce until almost dry.
- Add the stock and the cream and bring the soup to the simmer.
- Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and simmer gently for 15 minutes, or until the cauliflower is tender.
- Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Do not cover the blender completely while blending the hot liquid as the steam can cause the blender top to pop off and spill hot soup.
- Strain the soup through a fine mesh strainer into a medium saucepot and place on a low heat.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the soup into bowls, garnish with the remaining chives, extra virgin olive oil, and serve.