Cedar-Planked Barbecue Salmon
Provided by: Elizabeth Karmel
Brush a center-cut fillet with your favorite barbecue sauce during the final ten minutes of the cooking time for a simple sweet and tangy glaze that adds a rosy sheen and a burst of flavor.
- Elizabeth Karmel's Grill Friends Cedar Organic Grilling Plank is available from amazon.com
- Preheat gas or charcoal grill and set for indirect/medium heat grilling.
- In a sink or container large enough to hold the plank, immerse the plank in water for 30 min. or longer (you may need to weigh it down).
- Place the salmon fillet, skin side down, on a baking sheet with sides. In a small bowl, mix together the white wine, salt and pepper. Pour the mixture over the salmon. Cover the salmon with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Uncover the salmon and place it, skin side down, in the middle of the plank and brush with olive oil. Place plank in center of grill and close lid. Cook over medium indirect heat for 25-35 minutes. Brush fish with barbecue sauce during last 10 minutes of cooking time. Fish is done when the flesh flakes easily with a fork. The internal temperature should be between 140-145 degrees F., depending on desired degree of doneness.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.