Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
Got 15 minutes? This baked chicken dish, made with pineapple, ginger and a kicky picante sauce, will have them dancing to the dinner table.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast half (about 1 pound)
- 2 large onion , cut into rings
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple slices in juice , drained
- 1 jar (16 ounces) Pace® Picante Sauce
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger root
- 1 tablespoon cooking sherry
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 cup hot cooked regular long-grain white rice or jasmine rice
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Line a 3-quart shallow baking pan with aluminum foil. Layer the chicken, onions and pineapple in the pan.
- Stir the picante sauce, cilantro, brown sugar, ginger root, sherry and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Pour the picante sauce mixture over the pineapple. Cover the pan.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce with the rice. Garnish with additional cilantro, if desired.