Chicken and Roasted Red Pepper Hummus Wraps
Provided by: Alexis Touchet
If you need a quick lunch or afternoon snack for your family, this may well fit the bill. There's a little prep work to do but then it's just a matter of spreading, arranging and rolling up.
- 2 romaine hearts
- 4 cups boneless skinless rotisserie chicken pieces
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 (10-inch) spinach wraps
- 1 1/2 cups roasted red pepper hummus
- 18 small sweet gherkin pickles, quartered lengthwise
- Quarter romaine hearts lengthwise and reserve 2 quarters for another use. Trim romaine ends to fit wrap, leaving 1 inch wrap uncovered on both sides. Toss chicken with lemon juice.
- Put one wrap on a work surface, then spread with 1/4 cup hummus, leaving 1/4 inch from edge uncovered. Arrange a rounded 1/2 cup chicken in center of wrap, leaving 1 inch uncovered on both sides. Arrange 12 pickle quarters evenly on chicken, then top with a romaine quarter. Fold in sides, then roll up wrap. Press wrap gently to seal, then cut in half crosswise.