Chicken Couscous with Raisins and Lime Juice
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 518 calories/serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1/4 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 2 whole small breasts), cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 11/2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 can (13 3/4 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 1 box (10 ounces) 5-minute couscous
- 1 cup parsley leaves
- 2 limes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Heat oil in a 12-inch skillet over medium heat. Add chicken and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until pale golden, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile cut tomatoes in half and mince garlic.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook 1 minute longer. Add tomato halves and cook 1 minute more, stirring occasionally. Add chicken broth and raisins and bring to a boil.
- Stir in couscous. Cover skillet and remove from heat. Let stand 5 minutes.
- Chop parsley and squeeze limes (you need 1/4 cup juice). Uncover skillet and stir in parsley, lime juice, salt and pepper. Toss gently to mix. Serve immediately.
- Couscous is a dried, fully cooked pasta that needs only a five-minute soak before it’s ready to serve.