Chicken Mediterranean with Ham
Provided by: Campbell's Kitchen
This skillet dinner is sure to become a family favorite...sautéed chicken simmers briefly in Italian sauce along with ham, onion and olives. It's so good...we can't wait for you to try it!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- vegetable oil
- 1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast half
- 1 medium green pepper , cut into 2-inch-long strips (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 medium onion , sliced (about 1 cup)
- 1/2 cup diced cooked ham
- 1/4 cup Chianti or other dry red wine (optional)
- 2 cup Prego® Chunky Garden Combination Italian Sauce
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped pimento-stuffed olive
- 1 cup regular long-grain white rice , prepared according to package directions (about 3 cups)
- Heat the oil in a 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until well browned on both sides. Remove the chicken from the skillet.
- Add the pepper, onion and ham to the skillet and cook until the ham is browned and the vegetables are tender-crisp. Stir in the wine, if desired, and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Stir the sauce and olives in the skillet and heat to a boil. Return the chicken to the skillet. Reduce the heat to low. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Serve the chicken and sauce with the rice.