Provided by: Curtis Stone
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 small shallot, peeled and chopped rough
- 1/2 clove garlic, chopped rough
- juice of 1 lemon or lime
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 drops toasted sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- Fresh vegetables (such as cucumber spears, radishes, and cherry tomatoes)
- Toasted whole wheat pita chips
- In the bowl of a food processor, blend the chickpeas with the shallot and garlic until they form a rough paste. Add the lemon juice, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, cumin, and sesame oil, and continue blending, scraping the sides down as needed.
- Slowly drizzle in a little bit of water until a smooth texture is achieved, you will need about 2 to 4 tablespoons depending on the chickpeas. Season to taste with salt and pepper and fold in the chopped herbs. Transfer the hummus to a serving bowl and drizzle with the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Serve with the fresh vegetables and pita chips.