Provided by: Curtis Stone
- 2 pounds ripe tomatoes (about 6) roughly chopped
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 cup reduced-sodium 100-percent organic vegetable juice
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1/2 of a cucumber (peeled seeded and coarsely chopped)
- 1/2 of a red bell pepper (seeded and coarsely chopped)
- 1 5-inch piece French baguette bread (crust removed)
- 1 whole shallot (coarsely chopped)
- 1 clove garlic (bruised)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup finely diced peeled seeded cucumber
- 1/4 cup finely diced seeded red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced seeded yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely diced seeded tomato
- 6 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Combine the first 11 ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cover and refrigerate for 12 hours.
- Transfer the marinated ingredients to a food processor or blender and blitz until smooth. Refrigerate the soup until it is very cold.
- Season the soup to taste with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the chilled soup into chilled bowls and garnish with the finely diced cucumbers bell peppers and tomatoes.
- Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil and serve.
- Visit http://curtisstone.com.