New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Ann Hodgman
total prep 615 calories/serving
I don't think there's a kid on earth who doesn't like this recipe - unless you have a child who hates both chicken tenders and potato chips, in which case I don't know what to say.
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts, cut into fingers or nuggets
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce, optional
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 12 ounces barbecue-flavored potato chips, crushed fine
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Grease a large cookie sheet or cover it with foil or baking parchment. Put the crushed chips into a shallow, rimmed baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, optional barbecue sauce, and pepper. Soak the cut-up chicken fingers in this mixture for five minutes.
- A few at a time, flop the chicken fingers around in the chips until well coated. Arrange them on the cookie sheet and bake for ten minutes. Turn them over and bake for ten more minutes, or until nicely browned. Serve hot or cold, with a dipping sauce if you want.
- Nutrition Note: Nutrition information for this recipe does not include optional barbecue sauce.