Chocolate-Chocolate Cherry Cookies
New Media Publishing / Photography: Flat Art Studios.com / Stylist: Abigail Donnelly
Provided by: Gina Marie Miraglia Eriquez
You can't just have one, these are addictive. Let the kids drop the cookies onto the baking sheet using an ice cream scoop to make it easier, quicker and less messier! If the kids are not fond of cherries, leave them out and add 1 cup more chocolate chips.
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup dried cherries (5 oz package)
- Preheat oven to 375F. with racks in the upper and lower thirds.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda and salt in a bowl.
- Beat together butter and sugars with an electric mixer at moderately-high speed until pale and fluffy., then beat in eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Reduce speed to low, then mix in flour mixture until combined. Stir in chocolate chips and cherries until incorporated.
- Drop 2 level tablespoons dough per cookie, about 2 inches apart onto 2 ungreased baking sheets. Bake, switching position of sheets halfway through baking, until puffed and set 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.