Cinnamon-Raisin Apple Grilled Goat Cheese
Provided by: Slashfood
- 2 slices Ezekiel 4:9 cinnamon raisin bread
- 1/4 apple, cored, peeled, thinly sliced
- 2 tbsp smooth goat cheese
- 1 tbsp raw creamed honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Toast up the bread quickly to warm it up a bit, though don't toast to the point of making the bread crunchy or blackened at all. The warm bread gets the cheese good and melty before you put the finished sandwich on the pan.
- Generously spread the honey on one slice of the bread. On the other slice, put a thick layer of the goat cheese and spread evenly. At the very least you should not see any bread through the cheese at all.
- Arrange the apple slices over the goat cheese side of the bread. Only enough so as they don't overlap much. Put 1 TB of the coconut oil in the pan on high heat. Put the two slices of bread together (honey and goat cheese together, obviously). Spread another 1 TB of coconut oil on each side of the sandwich.
- Once the oil in the pan is hot and spread evenly, put the sandwich in and immediately press down on it firmly with a spatula. Only do this for about ten seconds or so, then flip and do the other side for another ten seconds. Turn off heat and continue to flip the sandwich from side to side until it's good and dark brown. Remove from pan, slice and serve.