Classic All-American Bacon Cheeseburgers
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 605 calories/serving
- Special Sauce
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp dill pickle relish
- 2 lb 90 % lean ground beef
- 2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 tsp each salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 whole-wheat hamburger buns, split
- 6 small lettuce leaves
- 1 large beefsteak tomato, cut in 6 thin slices
- 6 thin slices Vidalia onion
- Nonstick spray
- 1 oz each) sharp Cheddar cheese 6 strips cooked bacon
- Special Sauce: Mix ingredients in a bowl.
- Burgers: Gently mix ingredients in a large bowl. Shape into six 1-in.-thick burgers.
- Heat outdoor grill. Toast buns on grill; remove to a platter. Spread 1 Tbsp Special Sauce on bun tops and bottoms. Top bottoms with lettuce, tomato and onion.
- Coat burgers with nonstick spray. Grill, turning once, 10 to 12 minutes, until an instant-read thermometer inserted from side to middle registers 160°F. Top with cheese and bacon; cover grill 45 seconds or until cheese starts to melt. Transfer burgers to buns. Serve remaining sauce on the side.