Cold Poached Salmon with Dill Sauce and Potato Salad
Provided by: Woman's Day
total prep 531 calories/serving
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 6 oz each) salmon fillet
- Dill Sauce
- 1/2 cup whipped chive-flavor cream cheese spread
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- Potato Salad
- 1 lb red-skinned potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 2 tsp cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Bring wine and 1 in. water to a boil in a wide, deep skillet. Add salmon, reduce heat until liquid barely simmers, cover and cook 10 minutes, or until fish is barely opaque in center.
- Remove fish with a broad spatula, cool, then loosely wrap each piece in plastic wrap. Transfer to a platter; refrigerate at least 2 hours, or overnight.
- Dill Sauce: In a small bowl, mix ingredients until blended. Refrigerate until serving.
- Potato Salad: Cook potatoes in water to cover 15 to 20 minutes until tender. Drain; cool completely. Stir remaining ingredients in a medium bowl until blended. Cut potatoes in chunks, add to bowl; stir gently to coat. Refrigerate until serving.